Registrations Now Open!!!
Sign up for a summer long of personalized coaching and join like-minded people in the jouney to accomplish your goal!Register Now
Team Asha is a premier endurance sports training program. It provides personalized coaching, motivation and support for individuals with a goal to run a half/full marathon or bike 100 km/100 miles, do a sprint/olympic triathlon. Since year 2000, Team Asha has helped hundreds of people realize their endurance aspirations.
Extensive training for running, biking and triathlons
Train for a Half/Full marathon, 100km/100 mi biking and sprint/olympic triathlon.
Expert coaches driving speed, strength and cross-training workouts
From track workouts, hill trainings for running to spin classes and weekday hill repeats for biking. The program provides extensive coaching to improve performance.
Workshops on apparel, nutrition, and equipment
Bike clinics, Shoe clinics. Info on nutrition while running/bike long distances, cleat training for bikers, wet suit clinics and more!
Fun parties, picnics, finish line bashes
The program is completely driven by a bunch of volunteers who are passionate about the cause of Asha for Education.
WE TRAIN SO THEY CAN READ
Team Asha athletes raise funds for Asha for Education, Silicon Valley chapter, which helps support education initiatives for underprivileged children in India.
Facts about Team Asha athletes
- Team Asha comprises of various professionals in the hi-tech industry, doctors, lawyers, students, stay-at-home moms and accomplished athletes.
- One does not have to be an accomplished athlete, or at peak fitness level to join the team. In fact, over 70% of Team Asha runners are new to running or any form of endurance sports.
- Team Asha athletes helped raise 300K in 2017. Asha for Education Silicon Valley chapter disbursed 477K in 2017 to 20+ projects impacting the life of 15,000 children. Check our 2017 Annual Report here.
- Roughly 40% of Team Asha athletes are women.
- Our runners and walkers range from 22 to over 60 years of age.
- Success rate of over 99% with athletes who have completed the training program.
When: Mar 31 (Saturday) 11AM – 1PM
Where: Sports Basement, 1177 Kern Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Enjoy 20% off purchases at Sports Basement, Sunnyvale on the day of the kickoff.
Other Team Asha programs in South Bay
Donors like you help us ensure that kids don’t just attend school and they actually learn.We support our project partners in India who have diverse education needs – it could be a supplementary school, school with special needs, vocational training classes or digital education.To give a brief idea of some of our projects:
- Deenabandhu Mobile Science Van: School goes to your doorstep!
- BeT helps secure a home for an orphan girl child in Kashmir
- Asha Darshan helps children in Assam in the flood affected zone.
To learn more about our projects and locations, please visit http://sv.ashanet.org/projects/.
Asha for Education is a 100% transparent and volunteer driven organization. Every single $ you raise is dispersed to our projects. All the coaches volunteer to train athletes for no cost and in fact many of them fundraise just like any other athlete enrolled in our program.
In 2017, our Team Asha athletes raised ~300K. Asha for Education Silicon Valley chapter dispersed 477K to 20+ projects impacting the lives of 15,000 children in India. Check out our 2017 annual report here.
- Start your fundraising early – this helps in reaching out to more people and raise way more than your minimum target.
- Most of the profit companies in the Bay Area do company matching. All your donations can be doubled by applying for company match. Check here if your company has a donation matching program.
- Every single hour you volunteer for ANY NGO can be used towards your fundraising through ‘volunteer hour grants’.
- Another great way to fundraise is to organize a lunch sale at your workplace or in your friends circle. You also get a chance to explain about various projects Asha supports. Read this article to see how a Alumni raised funds.
- Lose your inhibitions – you are asking people to donate for a great cause. It’s important to explain why you are training through Team Asha and how proud your donors should be because they are helping every child in leading a better life!
- If you are artsy & crafty, this will be an amazing way to show your talent. You can ask people to donate towards your FR for every item you sell.
- General donations to Asha for Education by the athlete in the same fiscal year can be accounted towards FR target. (donations to fundraising campaigns such as Work An Hour, Support A Child etc and events will not be considered).
- Tips from our Asha alumni.
Be sure to attend our fundraising clinic to learn more!
- FR discount will be only applied to TA program which has a discount policy. For instance, if TA running has no discounts than chapter volunteer won’t qualify for any discounts.
- Discount % can be added, if volunteer’s do multiple roles with a max limit of 70% discount.
- At the beginning of program all volunteers will have full FR without any discounts. Only at the end of the program, discounts will be applied
- 50% attendance of Asha Chapter meetings, and fulfiling corresponding role’s responsibility is mandatory to avail the discounts.