Keep an eye out for the upcoming Hiking/Backpacking program.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Team Asha has long standing and extremely successful running, triathlon and biking programs in the Silicon Valley. We piloted a new hiking/climbing program in 2019 and given the enthusiasm and positive response we are expanding the program in 2024.
Unleash the adventure seeker inside you, push your boundaries and achieve something extraordinary.
Workshops and Info Sessions
Sessions on everything from equipment and nutrition to navigation.
The program is completely driven by volunteers who are passionate about the cause of Asha for Education. All our coords volunteer their time to make the program successful.
Support A great cause
Team Asha athletes raise funds for Asha for Education, Silicon Valley chapter, which helps support education initiatives for underprivileged children in India.
Begin an Adventure with Team Asha Climbing Program!
Excited to explore high-altitude hiking and California’s breathtaking wilderness? Join Team Asha Climbing Program for thrilling expeditions where the landscapes are as endless as the possibilities!
Explore Majestic Peaks: Beginning this March, immerse yourself in the breathtaking beauty of nature. Our program presents various options, from demanding backcountry hikes to conquering summits exceeding 14,000 feet in elevation.
Unleash Your Inner Adventurer: Forge your own path to excitement! Feel the thrill of day hikes amidst the towering Colorado Rockies or refine your backpacking abilities for a multi-day journey through the stunning California Sierras. The decision is yours, and the opportunities are limitless.
Choose Your Own Adventure:
Backpacking through the stunning High Sierra to Mount Langley. (14,032 ft):
Conquer the skies as you ascend the magnificent Mt. Langley. Soak in the panoramic views from the summit, a breathtaking 14,032 feet above sea level.
Challenge yourself and make memories that will last a lifetime.
Scenic Yosemite Valley Loop via Hetch Hetchy.
Experience the tranquility and splendor that Yosemite has to offer A hidden gem, tucked away from the bustling crowds
Follow alongside the Tuolumne River, with uninterrupted views of granite cliffs, cascading waterfalls, and lush forests.
Superb Day Hikes Await in the Colorado Rockies.
Traverse the iconic landscapes of the Colorado Rockies on thrilling day hikes Marvel at the rugged beauty and stunning vistas that only the Rockies can provide.
Savor the thrill of climbing high altitude peaks (called 14ers), without the need for traditional backpacking.
Want to learn more? Join our upcoming information session on 8th March 2024 to get all the details you need. (zoom link will be posted soon)
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to embrace the call of the wild, push your limits, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Team Asha Climbing Program – Where Adventure Knows No Bounds!
Donors like you help us ensure that kids don’t just attend school and they actually learn. We support our project partners in India who have diverse education needs – it could be a supplementary school, school with special needs, vocational training classes or digital education.To give a brief idea of some of our projects:
- Deenabandhu Mobile Science Van: School goes to your doorstep!
- BeT helps secure a home for an orphan girl child in Kashmir
To learn more about our projects and locations, please visit http://sv.ashanet.org/projects/.
Asha for Education is a 100% transparent and volunteer driven organization. Every single $ you raise is dispersed to our projects. All the coaches train athletes for no cost and in fact many of them fundraise just like any other athlete enrolled in our program.
In 2019, our Team Asha athletes raised ~600K. Asha for Education Silicon Valley chapter dispersed ~500K to 24 projects impacting the lives of 30,000+ children in India. Check out our 2019 annual report here.
- Start your fundraising early – this helps in reaching out to more people and raise way more than your minimum target.
- Most of the profit companies in the Bay Area do company matching. All your donations can be doubled by applying for company match. Check here if your company has a donation matching program.
- Every single hour you volunteer for ANY NGO can be used towards your fundraising through ‘volunteer hour grants’.
- Another great way to fundraise is to organize a lunch sale at your workplace or in your friends circle. You also get a chance to explain about various projects Asha supports. Read this article to see how a Alumni raised funds.
- Lose your inhibitions – you are asking people to donate for a great cause. It’s important to explain why you are training through Team Asha and how proud your donors should be because they are helping every child in leading a better life!
- If you are artsy & crafty, this will be an amazing way to show your talent. You can ask people to donate towards your FR for every item you sell.
- General donations to Asha for Education by the athlete in the same fiscal year can be accounted towards FR target. (donations to fundraising campaigns such as Work An Hour, Support A Child etc and events will not be considered).
- Tips from our Asha alumni.
Be sure to attend our fundraising clinic to learn more!
Info session & Signup Sheet Open
March 8, 2024 7 PM / 8.30PM
Will be communicated via email
March 23rd, 2024
Target Hike 1
June 28th, 2024
Target Hike 2
July 12th, 2024
Target Hike 3
July 20th, 2024