Team Asha Climbing is a very popular program at our Seattle chapter. In 2019, some of the volunteers from Seattle and SV chapter have come together to expand this program to Bay Area.
Your first step to climb Mt.Shasta
Don't forget to enter in your text.Sign Up
Unleash the adventure seeker inside you, push your boundaries and achieve something extraordinary.
The training program will help you summit Mt.Shasta in June.
The program will organize weekly hikes that will help you build the endurance required for summiting a 14-er. There will be snow skill training and gear Clinics. Team Asha will direct you to additional resources that will make you knowledgeable about summiting 14-ers.
The program is completely driven by a bunch of volunteers who are passionate about the cause of Asha for Education. All our coords volunteer their time to make the program successful.
Support A great cause
Team Asha athletes raise funds for Asha for Education, Silicon Valley chapter, which helps support education initiatives for underprivileged children in India. In 2018, Team Asha Seattle Climbing program raised ~ $43K.
By 4th weekend, you would be required to ‘recommit’ to our program: a commitment to finish your fundraising target as per our deadline.
- Attempt Mt.Shasta
- If (for any reason) the athlete cannot attempt Mt.Shasta
- Fundraising Deadline
- June 30, 2019
Donors like you help us ensure that kids don’t just attend school and they actually learn. We support our project partners in India who have diverse education needs – it could be a supplementary school, school with special needs, vocational training classes or digital education.To give a brief idea of some of our projects:
- Deenabandhu Mobile Science Van: School goes to your doorstep!
- BeT helps secure a home for an orphan girl child in Kashmir
To learn more about our projects and locations, please visit http://sv.ashanet.org/projects/.
Asha for Education is a 100% transparent and volunteer driven organization. Every single $ you raise is dispersed to our projects. All the coaches train athletes for no cost and in fact many of them fundraise just like any other athlete enrolled in our program.
In 2018, our Team Asha athletes raised ~300K. Asha for Education Silicon Valley chapter dispersed 565K to 20+ projects impacting the lives of 28,000+ children in India. Check out our 2018 annual report here.
- Start your fundraising early – this helps in reaching out to more people and raise way more than your minimum target.
- Most of the profit companies in the Bay Area do company matching. All your donations can be doubled by applying for company match. Check here if your company has a donation matching program.
- Every single hour you volunteer for ANY NGO can be used towards your fundraising through ‘volunteer hour grants’.
- Another great way to fundraise is to organize a lunch sale at your workplace or in your friends circle. You also get a chance to explain about various projects Asha supports. Read this article to see how a Alumni raised funds.
- Lose your inhibitions – you are asking people to donate for a great cause. It’s important to explain why you are training through Team Asha and how proud your donors should be because they are helping every child in leading a better life!
- If you are artsy & crafty, this will be an amazing way to show your talent. You can ask people to donate towards your FR for every item you sell.
- General donations to Asha for Education by the athlete in the same fiscal year can be accounted towards FR target. (donations to fundraising campaigns such as Work An Hour, Support A Child etc and events will not be considered).
- Tips from our Asha alumni.
Be sure to attend our fundraising clinic to learn more!
Info session & Signup Sheet Open
Feb 26, 2019 7:00 PM – Sports Basement, Sunnyvale
March 7, 2019
Introductory Online Session
March 7, 2019
March 9th or 16th.
Snow Gear Online Session
March 29, 2019
March 30, 2019 – This is the last date to withdraw from the program. Anyone who continues to train beyond this date will be required to fundraise the minimum amount.
Team Shortlist (if needed)
April 15, 2019
Overnight Preparation Online Session
April 25, 2019
Snow Skills Technical Theory - Online Session
April 30, 2019
Snow Skills Practice
Early June 2019
June 3rd/4th weekend based on weather and snow conditions
June 30, 2019