Come now and enjoy the joy of Biking!
Journey of 100 miles begins with a single pedal!
Early Bird Registration Ends March 30, 2018. Early Bird Registrants get a FREE Asha Tech Tshirt.
Registration Fee - 100$
TEAM ASHA TRAINING PROGRAM
Team Asha is a premier endurance sports training program. It provides personalized coaching, motivation and support for individuals with a goal to run a half/full marathon or bike 100 km/100 miles or to do a triathlon. Since year 2000, Team Asha has helped hundreds of people realize their marathon and endurance biking aspirations.
Biking is a great, impact free sport that lends itself to fun group rides and allows you to enjoy the amazing views Bay Area has to offer!
Whether you are a runner looking for new challenges, a triathlete in the making, or an athlete recovering from injuries, biking is for you!
WHY TEAM ASHA?
With over 8 years of experience, our team has intimate knowledge of all Bay Area roads and trails and we have successfully mentored bikers with widely varying skill levels through our structured training program.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU – our team of amazing coaches and captains will help you reach your target – irrespective of whether you are a commute biker seeking a new challenge or an experienced one hoping to learn new skills and improve your endurance.
From helping you pick a bike that fits you, training you, to supporting you on your target ride, we will be there all the way.
Relive the 2017 Giro Bello Metric Century Route last year through this link.
CHALLENGE YOUR LIMITS!
Build your endurance seemlessly to bike long distances through our structured training program, that gently takes you from flat trails to new heights! Ride 100 km at Giro Bello, Santa Rosa and V3Hopfest in San Ramon.
RIDE SCENIC ROUTES!
The Bay Area offers some of the most scenic riding destinations in the country. Whether it be the sun-kissed hills of the East Bay, the redwood shaded climbs of the Santa Cruz range, the stunning coastal rides in Marin and Hwy 1, there is no better way to see them than on a bike.
HAVE FUN ALONG THE WAY!
With experienced coaches and captains guiding and supporting you through the entire season, food / gear stops along the way, wonderful like-minded athletes for company, all you need to do is just pedal towards your goal!
Along the way, we also organize these for our RIDERs:
Clipless pedals training
Stretching and Yoga Sessions
Carbo-loading party before target ride
Support and Gear Team for training rides
So, Are you ready to
By 4th weekend ride, you would be required to ‘recommit’ to our program: a commitment to finish your fundraising target as per our deadline.
Fundraising Discount Policy:
Family Biking Co-ord: 20%
– 15% for TA Alumni biker returning for their second year.
– 40% for TA Alumni biker returning for their third year.
– 50% for TA Alumni biker returning for their fourth year or beyond.
Referral Discounts: $100 per referral
Donors like you help us ensure that kids don’t just attend school and they actually learn.We support our project partners in India who have diverse education needs – it could be a supplementary school, school with special needs, vocational training classes or digital education.To give a brief idea of some of our projects:
- Deenabandhu Mobile Science Van: School goes to your doorstep!
- BeT helps secure a home for an orphan girl child in Kashmir
- Asha Darshan helps children in Assam in the flood affected zone.
To learn more about our projects and locations, please visit http://sv.ashanet.org/projects/.
Asha for Education is a 100% transparent and volunteer driven organization. Every single $ you raise is dispersed to our projects. All the coaches train athletes for no cost and in fact many of them fundraise just like any other athlete enrolled in our program.
In 2017, our Team Asha athletes raised ~300K. Asha for Education Silicon Valley chapter dispersed 477K to 20+ projects impacting the lives of 15,000 children in India. Check out our 2017 annual report here.
- Start your fundraising early – this helps in reaching out to more people and raise way more than your minimum target.
- Most of the profit companies in the Bay Area do company matching. All your donations can be doubled by applying for company match. Check here if your company has a donation matching program.
- Every single hour you volunteer for ANY NGO can be used towards your fundraising through ‘volunteer hour grants’.
- Another great way to fundraise is to organize a lunch sale at your workplace or in your friends circle. You also get a chance to explain about various projects Asha supports. Read this article to see how a Alumni raised funds.
- Lose your inhibitions – you are asking people to donate for a great cause. It’s important to explain why you are training through Team Asha and how proud your donors should be because they are helping every child in leading a better life!
- If you are artsy & crafty, this will be an amazing way to show your talent. You can ask people to donate towards your FR for every item you sell.
- General donations to Asha for Education by the athlete in the same fiscal year can be accounted towards FR target. (donations to fundraising campaigns such as Work An Hour, Support A Child etc and events will not be considered).
- Tips from our Asha alumni.
Be sure to attend our fundraising clinic to learn more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Meet us in person on March 31st at the Kickoff event at Sports Basement, Sunnyvale, attend the two open rides at the beginning of the season to see how you feel during the ride.
Apart from training sessions:
- We encourage you to do your own ride/spinning class on weekday for about an hour.
- Yoga and core strengthening workouts are highly recommended for atleast twice a week.
SAG is usually done by Asha volunteers, family or friends of Asha bikers. If you / your family would like to help out, please fill this form.