Asha Silicon Valley, a chapter of Asha for Education, is a completely volunteer driven organization, comprising of dedicated individuals from the Area, striving to make a difference to the society. We believe that education is one of the primary factors in shaping a child’s future and by extension, future of the entire country.
Asha Silicon Valley works towards promoting the education of underprivileged children in India by providing financial assistance and support to the NGOs focused on education projects. Volunteers of Asha work closely with the project partners in India, while locally organizing fundraisers and community awareness events. Team Asha training program, a popular event in the Area, is Asha Silicon Valley’s primary fundraiser, which directly helps support several education projects in India.
- RunningSeason 1 Info SessionTBD2020 Target RacesSummerGate, Vacaville (10K Run)San Francisco Half MarathonSan Jose Rock n Roll Half MarathonLong Beach Full Marathon
- BikingInfo SessionTBD2020 Target RidesGiro Bello (100 KM)Tour de Tahoe (72 miles)Foxy’s Fall Century (100 Mile)
- TriathlonInfo SessionTBD2020 Target RacesIronman Santa Rosa 70.3Oakland (Sprint/Olympic)Ironman Santa Cruz 70.3Santa Cruz (Sprint/Olympic)
- Family BikingInfo SessionFeb 10 2019 (Sun) 3PMSports Basement, Sunnyvale2019 Target RidePrimavera Century, Fremont (25 miles)
- Asha Spring Run 2020March 22, 2020Vasona Park, Los Gatos
Sankalp Day Care
Sankalp Day Care is a non-profit institution in Kanpur, India, aiming to provide a nurturing environment for children with special needs. They cater to children with a wide range of challenges, including cerebral palsy, autism, speech impediments, and behavioral problems. They offer special education, physiotherapy, speech therapy, and vocational training for 60 children at their facility as of 2020. Besides this, Sankalp also takes up awareness campaigns, counseling sessions for parents, and interactive sessions for teachers.
Asha Silicon Valley is proud to support Sankalp Day Care since 2010.