Asha for Education – Silicon Valley is organizing its 13th annual Spring Run/Walk on March 23rd, 2019 at Vasona Lake County Park, Los Gatos. All proceeds from the event go to support the education of 28,000+ underprivileged children across India through projects funded by Asha for Education – Silicon Valley chapter.
Registrations for the 2019 Team Asha Triathlon, Biking and Marathon Training Programs will be available. The event will also provide an opportunity to talk to the coords, coaches, mentors and alumni of the various Team Asha programs.
This Spring, Run To EducateRace Results
Whether you want to run a 5K/10K, beat your personal records, kickstart your marathon training, have fun with family and friends or support a good cause, we have it all covered! There will be music, food, games and entertainment …. and an event you won’t want to miss.
On your marks! Get Set! Go!
Beat your personal best this spring. Kickstart your running year with a 5K/10K run/walk.
Hungry after all the running? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Refresh yourself with some of the best indian food the bay area has.
Event Day Info
Event Day Timeline
08:00 am: Registration, Food service and Bib pick-up open
08:30 am: Bib pick-up & Registration close
08:40 am: Warm-up start
09:00 am: 10k race start
09:15 am: 5k race start
09:30 am: Food truck available
10:45 am: Award ceremony
According to the current forecast, we expect a nice cloudy day with a max of 63*F. A light jacket will help! Rain or shine, we will be there to have fun.
Parking is available at Vasona Park for a fee of $6 per vehicle.
Prizes in each of 5K and 10K categories
- 1st & 2nd* prize for boys and girls aged 13 and under.
- 1st & 2nd* prize for men and women (ages 13-20).
- 1st & 2nd* prize for men and women (ages 21-30).
- 1st & 2nd* prize for men and women (ages 31-40).
- 1st & 2nd* prize for men and women (ages 41-50).
- 1st & 2nd* prize for men and women (ages 50+).
All winners will get trophies and gift cards from Sports Basement.
* 2nd prize will be given only for categories with 10+ participants
– Please plan for parking at the venue and arrive at least 30 minutes before your event time.
– No bib, no race. Please make sure your bib is visible from the front, else you will NOT be considered for awards.
– Please arrive early to enable timely start of races. Late arrivals will not be permitted to join the race.
– Race food (bagels, fruits, cream cheese and coffee/tea) will be provided on the morning of the event.
– Leaving personal belongings at the start point is at your own risk. We are sorry, but we cannot safeguard your belongings.
– Signage along the route will ensure you turn around at the right point, and run down the right route.
– All volunteers will be wearing identifiable badges. Please approach any volunteer if you have questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
About Asha For Education
Asha for Education is a secular, fully volunteer driven, non-profit organization dedicated to change in India by focusing on basic education in the belief that education is a critical requisite for socio-economic change.
Since 1998, Asha for Education Silicon Valley chapter
About Team Asha
Team Asha is a premier endurance sports training program. It provides personalized coaching, motivation and support for individuals with a goal to run a half/full marathon or bike 100 km/100 miles or to do a triathlon. Since year 2000, Team Asha has helped hundreds of people realize their marathon and endurance biking aspirations.