What’s your resolution this year?
Whether it’s improving your pace or running a 5k/10k for the first time, we got you covered.
Start your year with a Bang!
Try the exhaustive package - the expertise and training + Entry to Asha Spring Run 2019 for just $40!
Or opt just for the the training package at $20!
RSVP now to attend the FREE open run Feb 9th (Saturday) 10 AM at Baylands Park, Sunnyvale!
I joined Team Asha in Feb 2018 and ran my first full marathon in Oct. I wanted to stay physically fit and hence was exploring fitness activities. Stumbled on Team Asha post on one of my friend’s facebook. It sounded very interesting because of the couch to 5K/10K program. Being a complete non runner, marathon was a bit intimidating. So this starter program caught my eye. Enrolling in this program changed my life. The amount of stretching and strengthening they made us do was beyond belief. It helped me a lot in running. Thanks to Team Asha I can my first 5k, 10K, half marathon and full in the same year. Made some good friends along the way too. I highly recommend this program to everyone who are even remotely thinking of staying fit. The best part is that Asha does not take fees but expects to fund raise. Which actually made me really happy. Health benefits with a good charity cause of supporting education for under privilege children. Initially I found the cost to be high but considering the tax benefits and the employer match it all works out for a good cause.”Viral Vimawala
Running – Newbie
A new goal!
This is your chance to give a good start to a habit that creates endorphins and improves fitness! Find like-minded peers and mentors who will eventually become your extended circle!
Experienced coaches and captains who will be there with you in every step and an organized training plan. The program is completely driven by a bunch of volunteers who are passionate about running and for the cause of Asha for Education.
We run so they can read!
Average amount needed to support a kid for a year in India is $60. Change 3 kids lives by sparing a small amount of your time. To make this effort worthwhile for the various volunteers putting in their time, we request for a minimum fundraising target of 200$ per person.
The registration opens on January 20th, 2019.
Free for all (No need for registration) on Feb 9th, 2019 10 AM – Baylands Park, Sunnyvale. RSVP Now!
Registration Close & Recommitment Deadline
Feb 16, 2019 – This is the last date to register for the program / withdraw from the program. Anyone who continues to train beyond this date will be required to fundraise the minimum amount.
Asha Spring Run, March 2019
March 31st, 2019
By 2nd weekend run, you would be required to ‘recommit’ to our program: a commitment to finish your fundraising target as per our deadline.
Minimum FR Target : $200
Fundraising Deadline: March 31st
Donors like you help us ensure that kids don’t just attend school and they actually learn. We support our project partners in India who have diverse education needs – it could be a supplementary school, school with special needs, vocational training classes or digital education.To give a brief idea of some of our projects:
- Deenabandhu Mobile Science Van: School goes to your doorstep!
- BeT helps secure a home for an orphan girl child in Kashmir
- Asha Darshan helps children in Assam in the flood affected zone.
To learn more about our projects and locations, please visit http://sv.ashanet.org/projects/.
Asha for Education is a 100% transparent and volunteer driven organization. Every single $ you raise are distributed to our projects. All the coaches train athletes for no cost and in fact they fund raise just like any other athlete enrolled in our program. As much as $20 makes a year’s worth of difference to a child.
- Start your fundraising early – this helps in reaching out to more people and raise way more than your minimum target.
- Most of the profit companies in the Bay Area do company matching. All your donations can be doubled by applying for company match. Learn more about it here.
- Every single hour you volunteer for ANY NGO can be used towards your fundraising through ‘volunteer hour grants’.
- Another great way to fundraise is to organize a lunch sale at your workplace or in your friends circle. You also get a chance to explain about various projects Asha supports. Read this article to see how a Alumni raised funds.
- Lose your inhibitions – you are asking people to donate for a great cause. It’s important to explain why you are training through Team Asha and how proud your donors should be because they are helping every child in leading a better life!
- If you are artsy & crafty, this will be an amazing way to show your talent. You can ask people to donate towards your FR for every item you sell.
- General donations to Asha for Education by the athlete in the same fiscal year can be accounted towards FR target. (donations to fundraising campaigns such as Work An Hour, Support A Child etc and events will not be considered).
- Tips from our Asha alumni.
Be sure to attend our fundraising clinic to learn more!
Frequently Asked Questions
$20 ticket covers training & guidance, food during training runs.
2. Schedules for everyday training. This will be a well-paced training program consisting of hard-training days, easy-training days, rest days, suggestions for cross-training, strength training and more.
3. Draw from the experience of coaches and past runners.
4. Network with past marathoners and fellow runners in the local community.
5. Contribute towards improving education for underprivileged kids .
2. Join the entire group for a weekly long run (Saturdays).
3. Do short runs or cross-training with mentors once or twice a week.
4. Raise funds as mentioned in Fund Raising page.
5. Join in the socials and parties, make merry and enjoy with fellow runners.
Every year we get a lot of runners who are new to endurance sports, especially running. 99% of first-time runners have successfully completed both full and half marathons.
Through this program, we hope to encourage people – both new to the world of endurance running as well as experienced runners – to make a physical and fiscal commitment to help provide a better future for underprivileged children in India.