Registration is closed for 2023 Hiking/Climbing Program
Please contact email@example.com for any questions.
Team Asha has long standing and extremely successful running, triathlon and biking programs in the Silicon Valley. We piloted a new mountaineering program in 2019 and given the enthusiasm and positive response we are expanding the program in 2023.
Unleash the adventure seeker inside you, push your boundaries and achieve something extraordinary.
Workshops and Info Sessions
Sessions on everything from equipment and nutrition to navigation.
The program is completely driven by volunteers who are passionate about the cause of Asha for Education. All our coords volunteer their time to make the program successful.
Support A great cause
Team Asha athletes raise funds for Asha for Education, Silicon Valley chapter, which helps support education initiatives for underprivileged children in India.
Destination Diablo Program: Mount Diablo is a mountain of the Diablo Range, in Contra Costa County of the eastern San Francisco Bay Area in Northern California. It is south of Clayton and northeast of Danville. It is an isolated upthrust peak of 3,849 feet, visible from most of the San Francisco Bay Area. We will be partnering with a professional guiding company for this summit attempt. Guaranteed memorable experience with our own Asha volunteers, mentors, coaches and fellow hikers.
Trip duration: Day trip
Trip duration: 3 days
Trip duration: 2 days
Trip duration: 3-4 days
Donors like you help us ensure that kids don’t just attend school and they actually learn. We support our project partners in India who have diverse education needs – it could be a supplementary school, school with special needs, vocational training classes or digital education.To give a brief idea of some of our projects:
- Deenabandhu Mobile Science Van: School goes to your doorstep!
- BeT helps secure a home for an orphan girl child in Kashmir
To learn more about our projects and locations, please visit http://sv.ashanet.org/projects/.
Asha for Education is a 100% transparent and volunteer driven organization. Every single $ you raise is dispersed to our projects. All the coaches train athletes for no cost and in fact many of them fundraise just like any other athlete enrolled in our program.
In 2019, our Team Asha athletes raised ~600K. Asha for Education Silicon Valley chapter dispersed ~500K to 24 projects impacting the lives of 30,000+ children in India. Check out our 2019 annual report here.
- Start your fundraising early – this helps in reaching out to more people and raise way more than your minimum target.
- Most of the profit companies in the Bay Area do company matching. All your donations can be doubled by applying for company match. Check here if your company has a donation matching program.
- Every single hour you volunteer for ANY NGO can be used towards your fundraising through ‘volunteer hour grants’.
- Another great way to fundraise is to organize a lunch sale at your workplace or in your friends circle. You also get a chance to explain about various projects Asha supports. Read this article to see how a Alumni raised funds.
- Lose your inhibitions – you are asking people to donate for a great cause. It’s important to explain why you are training through Team Asha and how proud your donors should be because they are helping every child in leading a better life!
- If you are artsy & crafty, this will be an amazing way to show your talent. You can ask people to donate towards your FR for every item you sell.
- General donations to Asha for Education by the athlete in the same fiscal year can be accounted towards FR target. (donations to fundraising campaigns such as Work An Hour, Support A Child etc and events will not be considered).
- Tips from our Asha alumni.
Be sure to attend our fundraising clinic to learn more!
Info session & Signup Sheet Open
Feb 10, 2023 7 PM / 8.30PM
Will be communicated via email
March 4th, 2023
Target climb discussions
Summit Target Climbs