Take the first step towards your ultra marathon goal!
Don't forget to enter in your text.Survey for 2022
Target 50K and 50M
Team Asha ultra marathon running program will train you to run a 50K or 50M in October.
Team Asha Ultra Running program focuses on individual goals. Whether you are a first time ultra marathon runner or a seasoned runner, our coaches can provide a training plan that will bring out the athlete in you and help you achieve your fitness and ultra marathon goals.
Past runners have found the program to effectively balance the right amount of mileage, long runs and practice races. Through a carefully selected combination of scenic trails and tarmac paths, the training runs accustom you to the terrain of the ultra marathon destination.
Expert coaches driving performance
All our coaches have run several ultra marathons and have inspiring stories to share at each run. Their expert coaching have improved performace of both first time marathoners and seasoned runners.
WORKSHOPS ON APPAREL, NUTRITION, AND EQUIPMENT
In addition to the runs, the training program targets and educates runners on aspects like shoes, hydration, clothing and mental preparation.
Accomplishing a task like running a ultra marathon requires a sustained team effort. Finding individuals or groups to run with is especially important to individuals preparing for any endurance running event. Team Asha training program is committed to providing strong team support. Since our teams typically include runners of all levels, the team and the expertise of the coaches can help you reduce and overcome the strain that comes with sustained training over several months.
The program is completely driven by a bunch of volunteers who are passionate about the cause of Asha for Education. All our coaches, mentors and coords volunteer their time to make the program successful.
we run so they can read
Team Asha athletes raise funds for Asha for Education, Silicon Valley chapter, which helps support education initiatives for underprivileged children in India.
Weekend training runs
All weekend runs will be on Saturdays. All runs will have extensive pre/post run stretching sessions. The course will be selected based on the terrain and climatic condtions of the target run.
Coaches recommend personalized strength and core workouts to improve your endurance
Guidance from our professional coaches for runners of all levels. Guidance from mentors on running and fundraising goals
Extensive stretching pre/post run stretching sessions
- Fully supported runs with water stops and energizing stations
- Weekday runs will help you improve your endurace to run long distances over the weekends.
- Team support on your target race. Our coaches, mentors and volunteers will be there to cheer you and help you complete the race.
- The fun at every run!
- Just show up every week.. for its fun to run as a team!
Dick Collins 50M
September 24, 2022
Run for Amma 50K
October 15, 2022
March 26, 4:00 PM at Baylands park, Sunnyvale, CA
Dick Collins 50M target race
September 24, 2022
Run for Amma 50K target race
October 15, 2022
Nov 28, 2022
- SEASON (50K Run)
- SEASON (50M Run)
- Fundraising Deadline
- Nov 28, 2022
Donors like you help us ensure that kids don’t just attend school and they actually learn. We support our project partners in India who have diverse education needs – it could be a supplementary school, school with special needs, vocational training classes or digital education.To give a brief idea of some of our projects:
- Deenabandhu Mobile Science Van: School goes to your doorstep!
- BeT helps secure a home for an orphan girl child in Kashmir
To learn more about our projects and locations, please visit http://sv.ashanet.org/projects/.
Asha for Education is a 100% transparent and volunteer driven organization. Every single $ you raise is dispersed to our projects. All the coaches train athletes for no cost and in fact many of them fundraise just like any other athlete enrolled in our program.
In 2018, our Team Asha athletes raised ~300K. Asha for Education Silicon Valley chapter dispersed 565K to 20+ projects impacting the lives of 28,000+ children in India. Check out our 2018 annual report here.
- Start your fundraising early – this helps in reaching out to more people and raise way more than your minimum target.
- Most of the profit companies in the Bay Area do company matching. All your donations can be doubled by applying for company match. Check here if your company has a donation matching program.
- Every single hour you volunteer for ANY NGO can be used towards your fundraising through ‘volunteer hour grants’.
- Another great way to fundraise is to organize a lunch sale at your workplace or in your friends circle. You also get a chance to explain about various projects Asha supports. Read this article to see how a Alumni raised funds.
- Lose your inhibitions – you are asking people to donate for a great cause. It’s important to explain why you are training through Team Asha and how proud your donors should be because they are helping every child in leading a better life!
- If you are artsy & crafty, this will be an amazing way to show your talent. You can ask people to donate towards your FR for every item you sell.
- General donations to Asha for Education by the athlete in the same fiscal year can be accounted towards FR target. (donations to fundraising campaigns such as Work An Hour, Support A Child etc and events will not be considered).
- Tips from our Asha alumni.
Be sure to attend our fundraising clinic to learn more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, runners should have run atleast 1000 miles in 2021(for 50km) or 1200 miles in 2021(for 50Mi), should be comfortable running a easy pace 14 mile run.
- Train for about 4 weeks of self paced conditioning program followed by 18 weeks of training for either 50K or 50M.
- Raise funds as mentioned above.
- Some socials with fellow runners.
- A comprehensive ultra marathon-training package (for 50K and 50M) conducted by professional, experienced coaches.
- Schedules for everyday training. This will be a well-paced training program consisting of hard-training days, easy-training days, rest days, suggestions for cross-training, strength training and more.
- The opportunity to draw from the experience of coaches and past runners.
- The opportunity to network with past ultra marathoners and fellow runners in the local community.
- The opportunity to discuss ideas with past participants and people who have raised funds.
- Clinics on running techniques, injury prevention and diagnosis, gear selection, etc.
- Nutrition clinics (how to train your body to burn energy over sustained periods of time).
- Rancho San Antonio Park,
- Sanborn Park,
- Anthony Chabot Park (Oakland),
- Mission Peak – Fremont,
- Ed Levin Park – Milpitas
- Alum Rock Park – San Jose.